With the right roof coating, you can cool down your roof and cut the electricity bill by half! SealBest offers such elastomeric roof coating that forms a durable rubber membrane.
It is suitable for multiple roof types and application is easy as well. That’s the reason I have written this SealBest white elastomeric roof coating review for you.
With this roof coating, you won’t be needing the AC until late May! Stay with me for a while and let me explain why it’s a good choice. I will share some application tips as well!
Why SealBest Professional Grade White Elastomeric Roof Coating?
That’s a good question considering there are plenty of roof coatings out there. But here are some good reasons to prefer this brand:
- Each container of coating is enough to cover 350 square feet of roof surfaces. Once dried (24 hours), your roof surface will become white.
- Builds a durable rubber membrane quickly. That’s why SealBest can offer 15 years warranty period!
- You can apply it any time of any season. 2 or 3 days of good weather is all you need for its application.
- Apart from any type of roof surface (asphalt, bitumen, EDPM rubber roofs, and so on), you can apply it to your RV and mobile home as well. However, it is not suitable for shingled roof surfaces, dead level (flat), and gravel.
- Even after 7 to 8 years of application, the roof is still looking new as reported by several RV owners and homeowners.
- Proven to lower roof temperature significantly. In fact, that’s the whole point of applying white elastomeric for many people.
- Being superior quality, it meets the ASTM D-6083 standard.
SealBest White Elastomeric Roof Coating Application Guide
Do not apply it with standing water on the roof or the presence of dust, dirt, mold & mildew on the roof. Clean them first (1 part of bleach and 3 parts of water should be good enough).
Adding TSP to the mix is optional but if you do, make sure to rinse the roof well.
To have proper adhesion, it’s important to remove all those dirt and dust from your EPDM roof as well. After scrubbing the roof with the bleach solution, pressure wash your roof and let it dry first before you apply the coating.
If you have a roof with standing water, you should consider Hydro Stop as well.
More so, if you have a freshly applied asphalt roof, let it cure for at least 4 weeks. Assuming the roof is both clean and dry, it’s time to apply the coating.
First of all, stir the coating really well but do not dilute it. Use a soft brush to apply the roof coating. You can use a pressure sprayer or ¾-inch nap paint roller as well.
Once you are done with the first coat, do a second coat for better durability. Applying a good thick fluid coat is the key to durability and assurance of lower temperature as well.
Alternatively, you can hire a company to spray foam your roof first and then apply the coat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Yes, the elastomeric roof coating is a good choice considering it’s cost-effective and it’s very much durable. It stays new for a long time!
If you reapply the coating every 10 to 15 years, elastomeric roof coating will last the lifetime of your building with regular maintenance like occasional cleaning with a power washer or hose.
Yes, it’s effective to seal any roof leaks and prevents worsening other roof damages.
Having polymeric properties, the elastomeric roof coating is completely waterproof.
It will dry within 24 hours after application.
So, what are your thoughts after reading my review on SealBest white elastomeric roof coating? It’s not the best of the best but it will get the job done without costing you much!
Proper installation is crucial to get the best out of it. So, read the instructions carefully and follow my application tips mentioned above as well.
Share your experience with this coating in the comment box.
One thought on “SealBest White Elastomeric Roof Coating Reviews 2023”
I’m trying to find out if Seal Best sealant can be applied on top of Flex Seal.